Welcome to the IAA Web site.
This site will provide you with information on the IAA association and it’s activities. The IAA was founded by the Icelandic ethnic community in 1981. It’s main purpose us to foster relations between Icelanders and Australians, maintain the culture, traditions and the Icelandic language among the Icelanders living in Australia. The key original objectives of the association were:
- To foster relations between Icelanders living in Australia and the Australian community.
- To maintain the culture, traditions and the language of the people of Icelandic origin living in Australia.
- To facilitate cultural exchanges between Iceland and Australia and between the Icelandic community living in Australia and the Australian community.
- To provide means whereby the Icelandic people living in Australia can assist their fellow Icelanders in need.
- To facilitate the integration of Icelandic immigrants into the Australian community whilst Maintaining at all times the Culture, traditions and language of the Icelandic people living in Australia.
- To facilitate the settlement of Icelandic immigrants in Australia.
- To do such other acts and things as may appear to the Management Committee of the Association for the time being to be in the interests of the Association.